A busy week with lots of preparation and packing again – British Quilt & Stitch Village show next week, Expo Veldhoven the following week and almost straight into Quilts UK. I’m going to be demo-ing at all three shows, teaching at Veldhoven so, in anticipation of all this activity, I’ve taken delivery of a new phone to add to my technical armoury! Lots of staring at screens and sighing as well as the printer churning out worksheets and brochures. One of my preparation tasks this week was to use my slightly-less-new camera to capture some close-up stitching on a couple of samples. The results were ok on the first sample –
but things got more complicated with the second sample, worked on a yummy dark magenta Oakshott. Easy enough to get the stitching, but true colour proved impossible, so the pictures show pink rather than rich depth as you can see from these three attempts
Another task on the same list was to stock up the bags of cut pieces for the Antique Rose Star project that has been quietly growing a few more blocks – the tally so far is 12, which takes me to roughly half way. I did remember to take a quick picture of the blocks before they went back into the Secret Drawer in the kitchen dresser –
Further down the list was a note to try and move this block along a bit further –
and at the very top of the list, written in capital letters, was a reminder to collect my NEW PATTERN BOOKS from the printers. I’ll have these with me at the Veldhoven show and also Quilts UK, I may even manage to get them up onto the website ….
Have a good weekend – I’ve got more things to cross off the list.